Thread: Lonely yorkie
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #10
ldvpool7
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

So sorry you are having to go through this. When my son was 10 he and I had to make the decision to put our precious Kizzie to sleep. Together we went to the vet. They asked what we wanted to be seen for, I told them as quietly as I could why we were there. Tyler was already shedding tears, she said ok let me take her we will call you. I said no, we will stay with her. Together Tyler and I held her and told her how grateful we were to her for always loving us and making us laugh. We said an Our Father the vet joined in, we held her together in a blanket and talked to her as she drifted away. It was very peaceful I have no regrets staying with her or allowing Tyler to stay too. I owed that little dear dog so much. 14 years later two weeks ago this Saturday. Tyler had to do the same thing again....with our Chobee. Tyler held him too and stayed with and loved him as he drifted off to sleep.

I am not telling you what to do only telling you about our experience and letting you know what ever you decide will be okay.

I think the blanket idea with the smell of the dogs for your furbaby at home is a good idea.

Take care.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!