View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #9
mscat
YT 3000 Club Member

I grew up with poms as family dogs. They are very loyal to their owners and family. They are yappy, and bark at everybody else. They do not like anybody else but there own family. AND they have long beautiful coats. That shed like crazy. Poms need daily brushing at least a couple times a day. Poms are absolutey adorable as puppies too. And they have very few health problems. They have long health spans, living easily 13-15 yrs. There main issues are social towards other people, they are snappy and mean ... they are the toy breed , but, think they are big dogs . These little dogs won't hesitate to chase other dogs down that are 10 times there size, no kidding. I've see it . IMO , poms are great protecters of there owners , however mean as hell to everybody else, they look cute with there curly tail that goes on top of there back, but, try and pet one that's not yours, watch out, a pom, will bare it's teeth !
NOT good with little children at all. Even older children . I don't know how in would do with a Yorkie. However, I'd choose A Yorkie over a Pom anyday.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!