Thread: Please Help!!
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #11
AshSavalle
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Hello and welcome! You and your husband will soon realize how great owning a yorkie is!
In Feb. my husband and I got a new yorkie puppy to add to our family. We have another yorkie (Teddy) that will be 4 this June. When we first brought our new puppy (Pippo) home he would really scream at night. We first had him gated in our bathroom next to our room. That was the worst (for us) he would just scream, go #2 and jump around in it and never stop. We felt so bad for him. He finally was quiet on the second night after about 20 mins of crying. We were sooo happy. But oh no......he woke me up scratching at the side of our bed! He had climbed up and over the gate. That was the last of that, I was so scared he could have hurt himself he was only 1 1/2lbs . So THEN we put him in this crate (like a travel crate) that we used for Teddy, we put it in between us ON our bed by our feet. He would wimper a little so I moved it up a little and put my fingers through the front, he was ok then. We knew we wouldnt do that for long so we had to think of a new idea. We did realize that he just wants to be where he can see us. So we went and bought him a baby play pen Cosco Funsport Playard - Circle Safari - Cosco - Babies "R" Us. The breeder had one and we thought is was so cute. We set it up on the side of our bed, put a potty pad, a little bed and a chew toy in there. He has slept in there great ever since. Every now and then he will wake up and bounce around (literally). So my husband (thats whos side its on) would just hang his arm in there and he will usually lick his hand and go back to his bed and sleep. We love the play pen so much and wish we used it for Teddy when he was a puppy. I know viviansnickers (a member here) uses one for hers now, during the day and he loves it. I think they are nice because the top is open and they can see all around through the netting.
As for following you around, I agree and think he is just in shock of leaving his mommy and is looking for a new one (thats you!). I think it should die down a bit.
For good food and shampoo go to "search" and type what you are looking for. I have seen some threads about shampoos. Do the same for food. We use Natures Variety Prarie and love it. I would suggest NV, Wellness, Merrick... If you go to some food brand websites you can request samples or go to a nice pet store and they will give you samples. That way you can see what he likes...
Sorry it was so long, I hope it helps!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!