View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
Tiger's Mom
Donating YT 8000 Club Member

Embarassed Could RAW not be good for everyone

I have debated long enough on whether I should post this or not . . .but am seriously in need of HELP.

When I first heard about this, I thought I should give my furbbies a try . .. afterall, I have heard nothing but positive feedback and great reviews. . . Both mine have been on EVO dry kibble mixed with a little bit of wetfood (Evangers or Merrick) . .I have had no problems or any signs of health issues since they've had this diet . . .both started with Innova so it was just natural for me to move to EVO . . .So I just finished whatever they had and then started them on the Natures Variety raw medallions. Since they have started, I have noticed no difference for the better on Tiger's coat like everyone says . . .he has a great coat as it was so did not see any improvement at all in that area . . .he continues to be heallthy so I am not to concerned. It is Annika who I have seen such drastic changes over the few months that they have started on this diet . . . She has been scratching soooo much and now I am seeing loss of hair - quite a bit . . .I have really not done anything different to their grooming requirements or diet other than this huge change. When I brought it to the doctor's attention, they suggested I do a process of elimantion on what they are eating/grooming products to see what is causing Annika to scratch so much, even more so now than we first started on RAW Her coat has lost all sheen and it just keeps falling off where she has been scratching a lot. Her underbelly is completely shaved and her legs are starting to lose more hair as well. . . . I tried to shift Annika to beef as both have been eating chicken for the longest time . . with no change after 6 weeks . .I took of the fruits, then the veggie next and then cottage cheese . .still no improvement. I change her shampoo/conditioner to oatmeal and still no improvement . . .and the only thing I could think of is how it all kinda started . . .with eating RAW . . . I am now wanting to try to get them both back to their old diet to see if this will bring back the luster and hair of my baby Annika's hair . . she has always had a really nice coat . . . it used to grow so fast . . . if I was to switch them back, how do I do this without upsetting their stomach so they don't have diahrea . . . .

I would love any feedback or suggestion on how to transition them back to their old diet . . .hope someone can help me out . . .
Tiger's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!