View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #2
phfgkl
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPop & Taz 2 View Post
OMG! I don't know what to do...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I posted this in the general discussion....but thought I might get responses here too....-

I answered an ad in the paper for a 1 yr, 2 lb female. After talking with the lady (very nice lady), she told me there may be a problem. Apparently, she's a hobby, or byb. She said she had all her little ones, male & female in an expen together and did not realize the little female was in heat! This happened after she put the ad in the paper, so maybe within the last week. Her vet said an abort shot might be dangerous.....hello! Like a pg 2 lb female wouldn't be?! Anyway, I know nothing about breeding...didn't know there was an abortion shot.....please any advice here? I'm so upset I'm shaking from my conversation with her. I'm going to call back this afternoon after she talks to the vet again today. How soon can they tell if she is pregnant? and if she's not, is 2 lb safe to spay? Oh, and btw, the reason she's selling her is because "she's too small to breed"!!!
What a nightmare. First of all, 2 lb dogs can be spayed, but, I would def. use a good vet that is good with small animals. I know the reason I haven't had my 2 lb biewer spayed yet is because it's scarey(I will do it soon though), the thing is, it's more dangerous for a 2 lb dog to be pg. I would take that dog in and have her spayed asap!
phfgkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!