View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #44
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Lets see ... as pups, Id say easily a 10. Between the peeing and chewing and tearing my walls, cabinets, baseboards and anything they could up ... it was a chore... however ALL dogs will be like that during teething stages.

Ive had big dogs and little dogs and I'd say caring for one is more or less than caring for the other. Yorkies have grooming that needs to be kept up with that can be costly. Plus you want want to DRESS a yorkie more than you'd want to dress a bigger dog.

Since Yorkies are indoors with you all the time they WANT more attention. I would rate my dogs a 6 on a scale of 1 - 10. So many facets of owning a dog (big or small) that are the same. Owning a dog is a lot of dedication, not just work. Skipping nights out with friends because you can't leave the dog home alone for 20 hours a day, walks in the rain/snow because no matter the weather, they need to go out, vet visits because they ate something bad (like duck poop) and are sick. Its all dedication. My boys are the best thing in my day! Its all worth it... but its got to be worth it to get a dog period... not just a yorkie.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!