View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 AM   #1
NHolman
Yorkie Yakker

Question Should I chnage vets?

Allie was born 9-19-08 and is curretnly 6 months weighing 3 lbs. The breeder gave me her vacciantion information and she was current on everything. She had her rabies, DHLPP (2 sets), and Bordatella. she had vaccinations in November 08 and then again in February 09.

I got her in the middle of March and took her to the vet immediately after getting her from the breeder to double check her health. First the vet stated he did not feel she was really 6 months because she did not have her adult canines and by 5 months she should have. Then he stated that vaccination chart the breeder gave me might not be right because the first 2 shots in NOV were given by a doctor and the last 2 shots in FEB were given by a vet techinician (which probably was the breeder bc she works at a vets office), and he felt there may be a discrepiency in her vacciantions. So he said we should get her up to date and that day she was given a DA2PCl and a BBB. I was told I then needed to bring her back in month to have the followup shots of the same ones.

At the time I just wanted her to be healthy and make sure she was up to date on everything but after talking to the breeder and thinking about it I feel screwed! I hate that poor little Allie had to go through getting 2 shots when she didn't need them until Nov 09. I also told the breeder that he felt she as younger then 6 months because of her teeth. Of course the breeder was upset (which I do not blame her), and assured me of her age and that some yorkies do not get there adult teeth until later.

So I don't know what to do. I was thinking of making an appointment at the end of April and talking to the vet about my last visit. I am definitely not giving her the shots. I would like to have her spayed when she is 8 months and also have any teeth removed at that time so she does not have to go under twice.

its weird because this vets office is large and my mother took her dog there to get her vaccinations and spaying done and had no trouble.

HELP!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!