Thread: Yorkie KCS
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 05:47 AM   #1
tobysmom328
Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Yorkie KCS

Hi there!! I've been away for a long time trying to finish school and plan a wedding. I do have a question and wonder if anyone knows anything about KCS.

We took Izzy to the vet on Friday to get her heartworm meds, and were going to get her dental and eye ducts flushed the following tuesday (yesterday). I asked the Vet to take a look at her eyes cause she always has a ton of goopies in them. So she looked at them, asked to run a tear test, and sure enough she has KCS--which i've come to understand as the inability to produce enough tears to keep her eyes wet.

So since she has this we are now putting opptimune in her eyes twice a day, and putting artifical tears in as often as we can. Does any one know of any dogs that have this, and know if it is easily fixable?? the vet said it would probably be a life long thing... she's only 4 this month!!

oh the dental went good---her teeth are amazingly white--i've never seen them like this.. but she did have to have 3 more bottom front teeth removed cause they were loose...

any advise is helpful!!! thanks!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!