View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 04:30 AM   #123
VickieDavis
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jexxie View Post
I have a 3 yr old female toy poodle who weighs about 4 1/2 lbs. I have thought about breeding her to my 2 1/2 lb yorkie when he gets old enough but i'm not sure if I want to or not. 1, she is small but he is alot smaller, and 2. I haven't seen alot of them and I don't know what they look like. If I do breed her, it wil be for myself.. I mean, I would keep the pups for myself. She would probably only have one or two tops.. Anyway, I have experience with breeding and it would only be a one time thing.. i just don't know what to do. Most of the yorkie poos I have seen pretty much look just like yorkies which seems to defeat the purpose.. ANy advice??? The attatched picture is Pottsy a few months ago. He isn't any bigger now.
My advice, seeing as you asked, is to NOT deliberately breed this "designer" concoction.
This is going to sound harsh, BUT you cannot control how many pups will be conceived and you cannot control how they will live out their lives. You cannot prevent them from ending up in shelters along with the thousands of other dogs that are out there stuck in shelters and abandoned there.
If you really want a yorkie-poo..please rescue one. It needs forever home.
Please look for the thread here on YT called HOW COULD YOU? Hopefully it will change your mind.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!