View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 04:03 PM   #1
knitbritt
YT Addict

Default Only show dogs are worth having.

Hi guys, I hope you all don't mind if I vent a minute. I work retail and one of my customers mentioned she shows dogs. So, I asked her what kind and she said corgis. I told her I had been looking into yorkies and was hoping to get one in the coming year and she completely went off! She said yorkies have ALOT of health problems, because they are so popular. Furthermore, no dog should ever be bred unless it is a PROVEN champion in the show ring. She basically said no dog was worth having unless it was a champion she had helped to get. Told me I could call her anytime. All the while she's rolling her eyes and raising her voice At which point I told her that I had found a great forum on the internet and I was learning alot and wouldn't be needing her help. And when I told her that my mom has a show quality, Busch line schnauzer that never set foot in a show ring and is perfectly happy her jaw dropped. At the very least she could have waited to freak out before she found out ANY information at all about the situation. I am all for good quality and showing is a great idea, but sheesh....you'd think I had told her I had found a puppymill, done no prep and was considering getting 108 puppies at once so I could start some kind of carnival...Does she really think that throwing tantrums in public places with near strangers is going to help her cause? I have actually considered getting into showing but people like this make me think twice. What's with the nutters lately?
knitbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!