View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
WalnutHill
♥ Catherine My Love ♥
Donating Member

Get some goats milk or powdered milk replacer. At her age, she should probably be able to drink it out of a shallow bowl okay. Personally, I don't like giving canned food to any Yorkies as a regular thing, it's mostly water and there isn't much nutrition in it. Plus, for the adults, it's not good for their teeth.

But, I digress. How much does she weigh?

The wormer isn't hard to give, it's just a liquid they eat - it's supposed to be done once per week for 4 weeks. As far as the vaccinations, the minimum age to get them is 6 weeks. We've been discussing in another thread that 8 weeks minimum is best for Yorkies. You'll want to ask your vet, though, because since the puppy has been weaned already, she isn't getting the natual antibodies from her mother. You are going to want to keep her isolated from any possibility of contact with another dog.

This is not a good situation to be in. Glad you've got NutriCal. Do you have a scale so you can keep track of her weight? You want to make sure she is gaining. Also, call your vet to get your vet prepared for the situation. You are going to have a billion questions - please keep us updated and informed! We'll do all we can to help.

What is the story with this breeder? How did you find them?

Last edited by WalnutHill; 04-07-2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: added a bit more
WalnutHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!