View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Star A Must Read: Virtual Shelters Adoption Kiosks

I thought anyone involved with a shelter or rescue would find this really interesting. Please go to the link & read the entire page & watch the video -- this seems like a neat concept. I've also pasted in just a bit from the link, in case you wonder about it. She has her contact info on the page in case you want to get involved. I think this idea could be duplicated around the country.

People Helping Pets: Virtual Shelters Adoption Kiosks

Virtual Shelters Adoption Kiosks
Project:
People Helping Pets ‘Virtual Shelter” Kiosks
On laptops or desktop computers, and possibly even on dvd players (with a projection screen of at least ~14") – the active,changing screen and fluffy faces will draw interest.
Shows photos and bios of current adoptable shelter animals
Highlights work/goals of the shelter
Promotes spay/neuter
Offers Behavior tips
Kiosks can be placed almost anywhere. For example, Heidi's Deli downtown wanted to help Maxfund - they could have the kiosk there for people to check out while they wait in line. Denver Dumb Friends League had a retail space in the Denver Pavilions shopping center where they can run the kiosk 'slideshow' continuously in the window for shoppers passing by even when they're not there. HardRock Cafe wants to help Rocky Mountain Alley Cat alliance, so perhaps they'll have a kiosk in their retail shop. The possibilities are endless!
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!