View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #2
RoxyLuv
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Ellie View Post
I hope this is the right place to post this...if not please let me know where I need to go!

I have been informed that a puppy I placed a deposit on has to be picked up this week...She is only 5 weeks old. I know that this is too soon and am scared to death!

The story goes the breeder has to leave to go out of town for a family emergency and all of the puppies have to be picked up this week.

I have NutriCal, BeneBac gel, and a heating pad in preperation for her coming home @ 8 weeks...not 5 weeks. The breeder said that she is no longer nursing and that she is feeding Ceaser canned puppy food. She has been wormed once but will need to be wormed again...I will have to do this but she is giving me the wormer. She also hasn't gotten any shots because the breeders vet says that she is to small.

What do I need to do? I am really scared for her right now and just want to make sure I am prepared for any emergency that may arrise.

This would scare me a bit too. I've had no experience working with puppies this young without the mom, so I'm not the best person to advise you. I have heard of breeders supplementing with goats milk. Think you may be able to get it in cans. Be careful with the heating pad. Some can get hot spots, so cover the pad wellso she doesn't get any burns. Get her a good cuddle up toy.

Your vet should be able to help you figure out details on how to care with this little one. What a shame you have to deal with this. I'll be thinking about you & good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!