View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 04:13 PM   #11
yogurtbear
Yorkie Yakker

Default welcome to yt!

the walking problem: i started off chasing yogurt in our backyard before taking him on actual walks. he somehow understood to walk and chase after me......i gave him treats everytime he "caught" me. so thats how he learned to walk beside me and semi chase me. i sugges harness instead of collar. you will have more control over your little one. collars are bad for small dogs in general

the peepee problem: i made a small one meter by 1.5 meter crate with baby gates(we kept them from my baby sister). he stayed there for about a week whenever no one is supervising him. whenever we see him getting into position to peepee or poopoo we scoop him up and put him in the crate's peepee pad. he got the idea after the first day! maybe i am just lucky. he was upgraded a week later and was out of the crate but was still restricted to the kitchen area only. it took another week or so when he got used to the bigger roaming space and going back to his pad. again, we upgraded him to the kitchen and living room.....and so on until our house was his playground.
some people may not agree with me on crating little puppies but a little discipline earlier will make life easier later on! besides, i had to crate him his paw bones were broken when we brought him home. the vet said no jumping no running....basically no big movements

good luck with your little one!
yogurtbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!