View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #76
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugz4all4 View Post
I get my facts from the rescue section from this forum, everyday or just about everyday some one has posted about a yorkie that needs to be rescued. Thanks for you answer. Im happy to hear that you have yet to have to go pick up a rescue yorkie, lets hope it continues.
Yes, I certainly hope it continues as well. I think I misworded what I was getting at..when I read back over it, it certainly doesn't sound right to me either. I didn't mean that there were no Yorkies in shelters...because their certainly are.
I meant more in comparison/ratio to other breeds or combinations thereof.
And again, you have to consider where the Yorkies are coming from? What kind of reputation do the breeders that are producing them have?
Also, if you are basing things off of strictly just the Yorkies reported on this site, that is a VERY low ratio in comparison to every dog that lands in a shelter.

In any case, that's not really my concern in regards to the subject matter here as far as I don't automatically revert to the 'adopt from a shelter' mentality when breeding mutts is brought up, so it's really a moot point.

Last edited by BamaFan121s; 04-07-2009 at 08:16 AM.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!