View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 07:38 AM   #7
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitette View Post
Thanks so much for letting me know...I guess that I am "old school" but I can be trained!! Ha!! I appreciate the link...I will look into it...I hate that I was mislead by old ways! Thanks so much...I really mean that...No more spanking! Thank goodness, I have not spanked Cookie....
I love being on this forum..I am learning sooo much!! Wish that I had know this earlier!(((HUGS))) to all!
This is a nice example of how the forum needs to work. Someone is doing something not recommended but with no intention of harming their pet and others offer advice. The advice is taken onboard graciously and a practice is changed.

I have to admit, back in the day, I gave the little swat on the behind after showing puppies the offending mess too. I knew I was not physically hurting them and they were bigger dogs. I think a lot of people did it that way. But we change, we learn, we evolve, and I think especially for tiny-boned Yorkies it always works better without spanking. Most are so sensitive, you even have to watch the tone of your voice.

I never understood the wiping their nose in the mess idea though no matter how long ago. 10 minutes after a potty mess, I am ready for some puppy loving. How am I going to do that if I have put my baby's nose in that stuff?

I have learned a lot here on YT too. As we learn we change, and hopefully we all become better pet owners. "Good on ya'!"
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!