View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 07:28 AM   #21
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrosegirl View Post
oh thank you so much! and i am sorry to hear about your friend - how horrible! i am glad they caught the guy!

in just the past couple of weeks, i have gotten notices from two companies (one is my nordstrom visa and one is an utilities company i used to have) and both have said they had a "potential" breach in their security systems and i should check my credit reports and contact the bureaus about possibly putting a fraud alert on my credit and nordstrom actually sent me a new card with a new account number (i am waiting to call nordstrom directly to make sure this is legit) so your information could not have been more timely! thanks again so much
Oh no!! I am especially glad I posted this then! Seriously, it took me less than a minute to place the alerts through that link - and like I said, it then notifies all the bureaus - so then, your effort is complete. This is the exact same method LifeLock uses (the 90 day fraud alerts). You could also do the Credit Freeze, which is more permanent and a bit more complicated, but here is a great article on it, including sample letters to proceed - if you go that route :

Clark Howard: Credit Freeze Guide on clarkhoward.com

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!