Thread: Teaching "Sit"
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 07:24 AM   #33
chandracz
♥I Luv my BaileyBlue♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaMoon View Post
Bailey is doing SO well with sit! It's amazing once she got it how well she got it! She'll even just be playing and suddenly sit down and look at me like "look what I did, where's my treat?" Haha.

My question is how to you get past the 1st learned command to build on it? Because now I'm trying to teach down and of course the first thing she does when she sees the treat is sit. Is it just the same thing, just keep working at it and ignoring the sit unless you asked for it, and just treat for down? Right now at this beginning stage (she'll be 12 weeks on Friday) is it best to only do one command a day so I don't confuse her? Or could I continue to do sit and build on it by adding 1 or 2 new tricks a day?

Thanks for being so helpful.

That's GREAT!!!! I have to say that you were on to something with the carpet! I had my Bailey on the tile floor last night and asked him to give me paw and he only would for a brief second. I looked at him and wondered what in the world was wrong with him, so I asked him again and again he gave it to me for a split second like he was scared of something and then took the paw away. I realized quiclkly that he was slipping and afraid of falling ... little love! So then I took him on the carpet and had no problem with him at all... Keep up the good work!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!