View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 03:53 AM   #9
roxies_mom
YT 1000 Club Member

Was it dark out? If it was getting to be dark it might have been an owl. Here's a tip that might help, owls and hawks hate each other and will even prey on each other. Of course owls are prey in the day and hawks are prey for owls at night. Which is why each one finds a place to roost in a protected area during it's sleep time. If you put a statue of an owl in your yard or on your porch or perched on your roof someplace it will help keep hawks away from your yard during the day. You can also perch a hawk statue someplace to help with the owls at night but not very many of us have our yorkies out too much at night so that's up to you. Last week when I was walking Roxie out on the bike path I saw a big Red Tailed Hawk flying around and I picked her up untill he was out of sight. It can be kind of mind boggeling worrying about this stuff. I just remembered that about 2 years ago dh was outside one evening and heard this awful screaming noise and he thought it was out cat. It was an owl coming down on a rabbit (lots of rabbits around our area) and the rabbit was making all the noise. I didn't know a rabbit could make noise like that. I think the owls scare me more because you can't see them and don't know when they might strike. During the day we at least can see a hawk and act fast.
roxies_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!