View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
YorkieLoverMI
Yorkie Yakker

Exclamation Pet Store (Irresponsible Sellers)

I passed by a pet store today and a huge yellow sign caught my attention that read PUPPIES for SALE in bold. Although ever time I step foot in one of these store my blood pressure starts to slowly rise, I fought the temptation to pass and went in to discover what kind of operation they were running.

To get an idea of what they were doing (how many puppies they were selling on a weekly basis) I pretended I knew nothing about dogs and just wanted something cute and furry. Of course this women took full advantage and feed me the biggest b.s around. She told me the puppies were from a breeding network the store owner had put together from his last 20 years in business and that all pups are well exercised (first off, what well known breeders that CARE about their pups sell them to people who lock them in a cage so people can come in a get their hopes up and watch them like animals at a zoo?)

Again, as we all know "small/ designer" breed are were the $$$ is and of course they had 9 pups in small cages looking depressed as ever. I feel bad for the animals and I feel like going in and pretending I am interested allow some "free" play time out of the cage for the pup. (It may not be much but any time out of the cage counts). The women offered to let me see the 10 wk old Maltese who was going NUTS in her cage. First thing she peed all over the floor with excitement that someone wanted to actually play. I sat with her for 45 minutes and got her to run around until she laid down from exhaustion
I played it off like I didn't think she was the right one and wanted to know what other dogs and how many they usually get in. The women told me they get in around 10 pups a week (Yorkies, s**tzu, Puggles, Poodles, Teddy Bear (mixed breed of small dogs, Maltese, and more). I told her I'd be back... and I will.

The little Maltese baby girl was adorable and it was so sad to see her with her gorgeous white coat so filthy. She had yellow fur because they obviously were letting her play in her pee and number two on her tummy. When the women wasn;t watching I grabbed a paper towel and rubbed her tummy down with warm water so clean her up as fast as I could. The women went on to say they are cleaned on a daily basis and that they love animals so much and I would be getting a deal for her at 888.00

All in all, I want to put these people out of business. I know you YT'ers really do care about animals and I think you guys can help. Is there something I can do, like contact the city or event the human society? We have a human society in Westland (the city the pet store is in). I understand this is their business but it is cruel and this should be stopped.

- Any and all help is very much appreciated.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!