View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #1
kcarey13
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Looking for advice

Anyone have some advice...I have a 5 yr old male Yorkie (Skootie) who is very well behaved and doesnt get into any trouble, loves everyone he come into contact with except....other dogs. I have tried socializing him with other dogs his size but he has the same reactions every time and doesnt seem to warm up to other dogs. So we just adopted a 9 week old puppy (Layla). So far Skootie just runs from Layla, doesnt want anything to do with her. If they are in the same room she will chase him looking to play and he just runs away with his tail between his legs. I feel so bad but I'm hoping he will get used to her. I don't keep them seperated at all, I'm just letting them check each other out. Layla will want to play with him and chase him around trying to nip at his tail and he just runs and tries to get away. He will go and sniff and inspect her when she is sleeping (which doesnt happen that often). Am I doing the right thing? Is there something else I should try? I know its only been a few days but has anyone else been in this situation? I'm trying to keep positive but Im wondering if I made the right choice. I expected some adjustment time but it doesnt look like its going to happen anytime soon.

Kelly
kcarey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!