View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine Benise View Post
We get Lolly May 7th (can't WAIT!) and I am taking a week off of work to be with her and work on her housebreaking.

I'm just wondering how many people work full time and who is home full time? I'm concerned about going back to work and all of my hard work with the housebreaking going out the window. My son will be home for the summer three weeks later and he can care for Lolly. But I don't want my work to mean nothing in the meantime!
i work full time. When i got morgan at 12 weeks old i took 2 weeks off to get acquainted with her and start to train her. We went outside to go potty every hour for the first few days and then started to lengthen the time. By the end of the two week she was doing very well. When i went back to work i put her in her crate with her bed and some water. the area was very small, only enough room for her to lay down so that she couldn't pee on one side and sleep on the other. I would come home at lunch time to take her out and feed her lunch then go back to work for another 4 1/2 hours. then once i got home i took her out immediately, then she had some play time. this was our routine for a while until i knew she was able to hold it. then she graduated to the ex-pen. she did very well
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!