View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
Dara311
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlips6 View Post
Bonnie just turned 6 mo. (and 5 lbs) the 29th of March. She is scheduled to get spayed on Thursday. But yesterday and today, I have noticed her paying a lot of attention to her private area. I have checked, I did not see any discharge of any kind or swelling. But i am worried that I have waited too late to have her spayed this time.
My question is: Can she be spayed during her heat? If not, why not? and if not, how long do we have to wait? Thanks

She can be spayed during heat, however , it will be more expensive and more risky. With being a vet tech for 7 plus years, i was always told that animals should be spayed/neutered by 6 months old, unless of weight and other circumstances should arise. So the vet that I take Fiona to, he told me to wait to get her spayed about the first week of November, which would make her 7 months old, so sure enough, 10.29.08 she turned 7 months old, and came into heat on 11.1.08 and she was scheduled for her spay on election day, so her spay was pushed back three weeks and she did fine! if anything, just talk to you vet, and get blood work done first.....good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!