View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
margaritaville
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Finally earning their keep!

Yesterday, I let the "kids" out to play in the yard. Bubba came right back in but Sissy stayed out. I kept checking on her and could see hear her. Finally, I decided she had been out too long, so I called her. She is pretty good and usually comes running when called but she didn't pay any attention. I thought maybe she was playing at the fence with the Doxie next door. She was barking like crazy so I went out side and could see her digging and wagging her tail like crazy. As I started towards her she looked up and this little mole ran away from her, she started after it and I yelled at her, but she caught it again, I yelled drop it and she did. My husband heard my yelling at her and opened the door, letting Bubba out who then grabbed the mole and ran to the steps to bring it in the house. Oh, no. Finally we got him to drop it but the mole was dead by then. I said to my husband, "get rid of it" and he said "why me"? I said to him, "because I have to wash their faces, paws and scrub their teeth or would you rather do that?". I guess they must have read the book where it said they were originally bred to hunt rodents. My neighbor will be happy because he has an above ground pool that the moles have been make holes in. They now have new nicknames-killer.

Joan, Bubba and Sissy-BEWARE OF PUPPY MILLS
breathe in, breathe out, move on -jb
margaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!