View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
QuickSilver
Thor's Human
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashasmomma17 View Post
I love my sasha to death, but her flaws are nagging. Everyday its something. she constantly sits at the front door waiting for someone to walk down the street so she can bark, if i close the door she looks out the window. She slips out the front door and makes me chase her up and down the street. Even if i take her for a run/walk or to the park and let her play. Sometimes she goes in the bathroom and will tear up a whole roll of tissue. I really do need some help with this. I know that its partly my fault for spoiling her so much but i couldnt help it! Any advice would be greatly apreciated.
Okay, working backwards:

- I know this is preachy, but this is why you shouldn't spoil your dog - you end up with an annoying dog. Fortunately, you now have a good reason to stop spoiling her.

- Tissues. You don't mention how old she is. Most dogs love tissues and puppies will die for it. The easiest thing is to keep them out of harm's way.

- Chasing her up and down the street. Teach her to Sit/Stay at the door, and teach her the Come command in the park. If she does slip out, don't chase her, because that is a fun game. Turn and run away from her so she chases YOU.

- Barking. She sounds bored (and again, maybe young?). Get her more exercise and stimulate her mentally with obedience training.

Hope this helps!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!