View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
amandawash
Lovin' my R & R
Donating Member

Confused Getting soooooooo nervous! I am doing the right thing, right?

Ok, so I know lots of you have seen my thread about Ranger and his LP. Well he's going in for bilateral luxating patella surgery on Tuesday (this thread is not about that or about how worried SICK I am about it) and since they have to do such a drastic clip job on the back legs/hips, and the front leg for the cath, I decided to take him in and get his little body clipped down pretty short

My justification is that it can all grow in together that way. I am taking him into a groomer that I have used before but only for nail trims and ear trims. There are two ladies there who are soooo nice, and they have always let me stay and watch, so I will be there watching. It's not like one of those places where they do everything in the back (which totally freaks me out).

Anyway, I am feeling bad for some reason. I know most of it is my own vanity because I won't have my baby with a beautiful coat for some time now. Do you think it will stress him out too much? I just don't want to have to bother with grooming while he's hurting, and want his coat to grow back all one length.

Is this the right thing to do??
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!