View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #12
RowdysMom
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I have an engineered hardwood floor from Home Depot, Harris Tarkett, Oak Wheat pattern, I think. I really love it. The dogs slip a bit when zooming around really fast, but it doesn't bother them. I have a little boy who marks in the house, so I find sprinkles on the wood floor from time to time, it wipes right up, even if it is dried, it doesn't bother the finish, nor does it smell at all. We've had it for 6 years and the shine has dulled a bit, which is fine, but it still looks beautiful and the boys nails do not scratch it. I find that laminate "clicks" from nails and shoes too much for my tastes, but then I've only been around it in other persons homes, so I have no idea of the type or quality.

We built on a den, office and closet and we left the floors concrete and stained them - WOW! now that is really nice and absolutely no problems with cleanup or anything else. I wouldn't recommend ripping up carpet and trying to stain concrete, but if you are building, the stained concrete is great!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!