Thread: Yorkie tips?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 06:51 PM   #2
mylittletigger
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLaurenXx
Hi everyone!!!
I am new to the site... and i don't have a yorkie yet.
Before i got one I was wondering what is the best way to keep your yorkie healthy, and happy.
Here are some questions I have:
How old should a yorkie be before it gets spayed/nuetered?
Do dog sweaters benifit the yorkies, or do people just do it because it's cute?
What is the easiest way to potty train a puppy?
How many times a day do you feed your puppy?
Thanks everyone!
It should be at least six months of age.

Yes, yorkies love to dress up, but since they are small, it helps keep them warm in the colder months. Plus it's really cute.

Crate training, and puppy classes.

I free feed Tigger(my four month old yorkie). which means I leave food out all day for whenever he wants it. which can sometimes lead to obesity, but if you limit the amount you give them on a daily basis that shouldn't be a problem.

And yorkies need to be brushed every one to two days. They need their teeth brushed at least twice a week to prevent periodontal problems in the future, which is a common problem for yorkies. They require daily interaction. They love to chew on anything and I mean anything. Mine loves Kleenex. He shreads it up in tiny peices and leaves me to clean it up. Just some things I would take into consideration. But They make great great Pets. They're so loving and confident, and if you're having a really bad day just one look into their eyes makes you feel better, and if you cry they kiss your tears away. There are far more benefits to having a yorkie I could go on and on.
mylittletigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!