View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
amandawash
Lovin' my R & R
Donating Member

Unlove Now Ryder.. I don't know how much more I can take..

I don't even know how to convey my emotions right now. First Ranger, now this

We had a horrible night last night.. At about 2AM, I rolled over and hugged Ryder. I yelped and jumped up. I thought I had scared him. He wouldn't come over to me (which is soooooooooooooo not him) and actually jumped off the bed and went and sat in the corner. I got up and put him back in bed, and he went off to sleep by himself. He was restless through the night, and wanted to be on the floor. So I put him in his little soft crate and put it under the covers with me.

This morning, he was shaking and had his ears back. He let me pick him up and love on him, but he didn't melt into my arms like normal. Ranger tried to play with him twice and Ryder freaked out, yelping and running to sit in the corner.

Of course I rushed him to the vet. He did a thorough physical exam, and suspected something in his spine. We took radiographs which confirmed narrowing of the vertebrae in T10 and T11, possibly T12. We cannot diagnose a herniated disc without an MRI, but due to his symptoms, Kelly does not feel that is the problem as this time. He feels the narrowing joint space is causing nerve pain and muscle spasms.

Ryder is to get pred for seven days, and then every other day for five... he is to be confined to a crate or in my lap for four weeks. I will now have two yorkies whom are on strict orders to be confined for 4-8 weeks... We don't know if this problem will get worse for Ryder, but as it is suspected to be degenerative and not trauma-related, it's not gonna go away completely.

I don't know how much more I can take. I feel like I am dying inside and my heart is breaking for these boys. I am so sorry to be so whiney, but this is a lot for me to take right now. Thanks for all your support.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!