View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
mercyme
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Greetings from New YT member

Hello,

This is my first post, my wife & I are the proud owners of 2 sweet babies, Gracie, 5 months, and Coco, 3.5 months. My wife had a 15 yr. old yorkie that went to heaven 12/05/08, so I got her Gracie for X-mas and Coco for Valentine's Day. Although she had mixed feelings @ first (she was still grieving a little), she couldn't be happier, they are so wonderful. I had some difficulty posting a picture but will figure it out soon.

I hope this isn't too long for a first post, but I was struck by the post of a lady whose 3.5 yr. old baby passed away @ her vet's while being spayed (please forgive me if the forthcoming topic has been posted before, but maybe it won't hurt to revisit it if it has). All of our hearts go out to her in this situation; it's painful enough to lose an "elderly" pet, but to suddenly lose a young, apparently healthy one is downright heartbreaking.

To me, a layperson (I'm not a vet), this sounded suspiciously like an anaesthesia problem. A few years back, I adopted a greyhound (ex-racer), and the rescue group was adamant about greyhound's sensitivity to certain anaesthesia (Specifically: Never use thiobarbituates including Biotal, Surital, or Pentothal). I discussed this with my vet and made absolutely sure he was aware of these dangers !!!! I would like to know how many forum contributors know of specific dangerous anaesthetics and would please share them with us. The day will soon come when my wife and I will have to spay our sweet babies and the more we know, the better !!!!!! Than you all for a wonderful and informative forum.
mercyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!