View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 06:58 AM   #5
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieLover2010 View Post
Hello all, Im new here and have not yet purchased my Yorkie, my last Yorkie was stolen probably a week after I got her :-( so, Im getting a new one and I saw a list on here on questions I should ask the breeder, I asked the breeder these questions :
Do you offer support after the puppy has come home?
-Will my dog come with a health guarantee?
- Have you had any genetic conditions in your lines?
- Where do you keep your dogs? The puppies?
- How often do you breed your females?
- How many litters do you have a year?

and this was her reply :

Hey, Yes all pups come backed with a year`s warranty. They are Vet. checked on a 12 point exam 48 hours before they go to their new homes. We have no bloodlines that carry any conditions other than the issues that go along with the breed of Yorkies, just as every breed of canines has some issue. Yorkies can have "knee joint problems " as they get older. The Yorkies have their own building as living quarters. And there is a whelping house for the mommas and babies. All heated, air-cond. and sat. TV ! Females come into heat about every 7-8 months. And no we do not breed the ladies every heat cycle. And mommas are retired usually when they are 7-8 years old. hope this helps

so what do you all think about thre breeder and should I go with her??

Sounds like a puppymill to me. There is no response to your question about how many litters/puppies / year this person pushes out.
I would never consider breeding a bitch to 7 or 8 years old. My rule of thumb is max 3 litters or less on any of my girls, many only had one litter, some had 2.
Is there a website? Do you have her email address? Google the email address and often you will find out a lot about what she might be selling on the internet.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!