View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 02:15 AM   #5
SweetViolet
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl19 View Post
That may be true and I'm sorry about your Fox Terrier, but all you need to do is go in your home town shelter and see all the cats and dogs that will be put to sleep because no one will take them
If your dog will not add to that population, then why do you need to spay? My Pekingese lived 14 years without spay and never had a litter. She also never had pyometra or any form of cancer, either. Conscientious pet owners can prevent unintended breeding.

If your intent, in spaying/neutering your dog is to prevent other problems, like pyometra or cancer, then you NEED to be informed of the potential harmful side effects of the surgery. Like the person above said...she had never heard the other side of the issue. Neutered males, for example are 4 times more likely than intact males to develop prostate cancer...did you know that?

I do not spay unless it is medically necessary...and I have never had to deal with an accidental litter, either. Of course, it takes a high degree of awareness of your pet, but the people here at YT seem to be extraordinarily aware of every little thing that goes on with their babies. I think they deserve to be fully informed BEFORE they make a choice that could have tragic consequences for them and their little sweeties.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!