Thread: New to Yorkie
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
najael
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Rainbow New to Yorkie

Hello Everyone,
I am new to Yorkie talk. I just lost my Channel of 14 years .. So, I thought I would join Yorkie talk for advice. I am devastated over my lose. I started to looking for a puppy and was sadden by how much things have changed. My breeder God rest her soul died many years ago. My channel never had a health issue in fourteen years.. I don't believe you should every spayed a female dog. They need there hormones as much as we do. (Think about that if your ovaries where gone shortly after birth. How healthy would your health be in the coming years......no hormone replacement here and don't forget about the bones and heart.) Spaying a dog does not away's keep a dog healthy especially the little one's. I am not saying there are not exception. I just don't think we should all by into what Vets have to say or believes. My girls where proof of that..... I have been blessed to have owned 3 Yorkie's all lived to be 14 plus I attribute Channel impeccable health as one of the reason she never had a health issue in her life because she was not spayed. None of my girls where every spayed or breed and all lived a full life with no health issues.(really) Mybe it was my care and maybe it was because they where not spayed and came from a great breeder. I would rather have the breeder keep there paper then to spayed a yorkie. Sylvia, new I was overly responsible and would be respectful of the bloodline. It is a shame other dog owner do not respect the work of the breeders. The breeder works for health and the integrity of the blood line. One bad apple ruins it for others.
I did not realize looking back what a beautiful child I had, Channel was on an organic diet and received holistic veterinarian care before I would ever take her to a medical Vet. Now that being said I am not a breeder or an expert. However owning 3 little one's I have learned a lot about holistic care. Some breeders have told me that finding another Channel with her bones will be next to impossible to find. They where kind enough to try an locate her bloodline. Seems Its' gone..Died with the old school breeders... so sad
The American Kennel Club - Yorkshire Terrier I received many email because of Treasurer: Julie Garrett (AL what a wonderful person. The Yorkie Breeders continue to email me and are educating me along the way. All of them have continued to catch my tears For that I am grateful. I loved my Channel.......Still crying http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/2b0000027b/14on this end and need some time to heal before I look for my new best friend. I hope you will add me as a friend........
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!