View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
Lexi's_Mommy
~GirlieGirls~
Donating Member

Default shelbysmom, this is for you...

Here is how I groom my girls, I will try really hard to get some pics tonight. Sorry it took so long.

I use CC's day to day shampoo and conditioner, and ici on ice most of the time.

Everyonce in awhile I will use Biolage hydrating shampoo and conditioner then I spay Biolage smoothing shine milk on them. (Biolage is for humans, but works better than anything I have tried, yep even better than CC)

I use to blow dry but not any more. I towel dry a bit brush while still wet.

1st I pluck her ears

2nd I clip toenails.

3rd Once dry I use a pair of clippers(Wahls for humans) and shave the bottum of her feet(pawpads)

4th I use scissors to trim around her feet.

5th I use a #1 attachmend and shave a very small spot on her bum, a little of her tummy, and around her noo-noo.

6th I go to the ears. (This part I think everyone does different.)
I comb ALL the hair on her ears down towards her head, lay her ear flat on the inside of my fingers and use my thumb to hold the hair down.Then I shave with no attachment the top third partion of the ear tips.

Some shave without brushing the hair down and some don't cut the hair on the ears at all.

7th once all the hard part is done I stand her up and trim her hair with scissors even all the way around(this I rarely do only when a spot has outgrown the rest and only to keep the hair even).

8th and last my favorite part is her pony or pig tails. I part the hair across the snout from corner to corner from eye to eye, then part the sides from outer eye up to top of head on both sides and make a pony.

Hope this helps and like I said I'll try to get pics tonight and post them in this thread...
Lexi's_Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!