View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
iggy097
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default We could use help finding a Yorkie, preferably in Upstate NY

Hi all, new to this board, and I was hoping the members here could point us in the right direction. We have been calling everywhere,and driving hours upon hours to have local breeders mislead us ( example buying a 13 week old pup that the breeder swore would be 4 lbs, when the vet looked at him, he was 3.3lbs, and his opinion was that he would be around 6-7 lbs ).
We would prefer to buy from a respected breeder, and are preferably looking for either a male or female that will be around 3.5 or 4 lbs at adult weight. My fiance wants a little lap dog that she can spoil. We don't mind driving a bit but we can't afford some of the prices I've seen for the smaller ones. I'd really love to get her the puppy of her dreams and I've saved up to probably afford to spend at the MOST 1100 or so, and still have some money set aside for unexpected vet visits.
We are located in Rochester, NY and I REALLY don't want to take another 5 hour drive to a breeder and find the house disgusting and the dog's mangy and unkempt.
Can anyone please help point me in the right direction? My grandparents have the yorkie of her dreams, she was bought from a breeder in PA 7 years ago, and weighs around 3.5 lbs and is absolutly adorable. They paid 700 , and I know that was before the "teacup" craze and prices have really gone up.
So, thank you in advance, I could really use the help, as she is getting very upset with lying breeders.
Dan
iggy097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!