View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 09:34 AM   #10
Kaytlynsmom
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanm1963 View Post
I just got Laci and I cant walk out the door with out one of the kids running over, I keep treats in my pocket when I take her out all the time, I will let the kids pet her and touch her, these kids arent going anywhere and I dont want Laci to be afraid, lets face it all kids love puppys/dogs they are curious, if I keep picking her up to protect her I am teaching her kids are bad and dangerous, so I keep her down on the ground, let the kids approach one at a time, I give them a small little piece of a treat to give her then I let them touch and pet her! I explain she is very very fragile and not like Bruno down the street, I tell them sometimes she gets scared when you run over so quickly, I told them when you see us outside, just walk over and see Laci so she isnt frightened and you can pet/see her.. they say okay , sorry we didnt know she was afraid... Now they walk , ask me if I brought her cookies with me and can they pat her... I figured we have to share this neighboorhood so its best to get along and kill the courisoty!
What a great answer! That's exactly what Mia and I had to do. I decided we couldn't fight them so we educated them and Mia at the same time. Now they are sooooooo respectful and yesterday, one child was teaching a new child who hadn't met her yet. It's a domino effect and hopefully these children will meet someone else's Yorkie and I will have done them a favor! Let's educate those kids ladies!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!