Old 03-31-2009, 04:09 AM   #14
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogurtbear View Post
I took him to few vets.
They all pretty much said the same thing. Allergies
I am not sure if I believe it's allergies or not but they gave me ear drops and antibiotics. They told me I needed to pluck his ear hairs out. But I don't think I will be doing that since I've read too much on how that could expose pores and facilitate infections .
I did ask them if it is fungus related. They took out this purple light and shined it on yogurt. They said it would glow green on his nose if there is fungus. His nose didn't glow green. Any one else used this method??
This doesn't sound like allergies to me. You didn't describe itching and the areas don't appear red enough to the point that scratching caused hair loss. Is there any itching at all?

Ringworm isn't a worm, it's a skin fungus - and there are strains of it that you will not see under a Woods Lamp. Also, you may not (at all) see a "ring" w/ ringworm in dogs. They should have done a fungal culture, which takes 10-14 days to grow and then diagnose. I would have this done asap - bc if it is ringworm or some other hair-loss causing fungus - the hair loss will continue.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!