View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 03:30 PM   #7
simonandhallie
I Love My Monkeys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki+2 View Post
Kim that is so awesome! Our's is next Saturday and I found out about it exactly 2 days after I booked our trip to Tallahassee for spring break the following freaking week. I was going to go with Lauren anyway but the thought of that drive two weekends in a row eventually changed my mind. I can't believe we are going to be there one week late. The worst part is we went to a HSUS grassroots meeting in Oct. and they told us about it then and I didn't put it on my calendar. I am going to be looking for it like a hawk next year.

So, details, details. Did you learn a lot about lobbying in the morning? Did you get to talk personally to any legislators? I am so jealous- let me live vicariously.

Yes, the morning was spent learning how to lobby and details about the bills we were discussing. Then we spent about an hour speaking face to face with 2 legislators who asked a lot of really tough questions but we ultimately convinced them to co-sponsor all 4 bills! It was exciting, exhausting and I loved every minute of it
simonandhallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!