View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
simonandhallie
I Love My Monkeys!

OH MY GOSH!!! Today was the BEST day EVER!! There were about 100 people there from all over the state, people had taken buses from NYC, Buffalo, Syracuse, all over the state! The 3 laws that we were told we were lobbying on were:

1. Making it a felony to be a spectator at dog fights (in NY it's only a violation now)
2. Ban Canned Shoots
3. Humane Euthanasia of Downed Animals

BUT.......

on Friday a new bill was finally introduced regarding puppy mills!!!! WOOHOO! So we got to lobby for that too and it was a tremendous success! We were able to get the Senator and Assembly man we met with to co-sponsor ALL 4 bills! It was such an amazing feeling to be actually doing something worthwhile.

But it's not over....Friday & Saturday there is an event at the capital called Paws for Cause that has different vendors and booths and Tracy had already planned to attend for her shop but we were able to get another space where I will have information on these laws and petitions for people to sign. Then I plan to walk those petitions on over the the senator

Now, if I could only make this a full time job I would be the happiest woman on the planet!
simonandhallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!