View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
britnipaige
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Confused Yorkie shows teeth and tries to bite new Puppy

Hello everyone! I am new to all this so please bare with me. I am hoping you all can help. We have a 4 year old Yorkie named Tori. She is extremely spoiled! We thought it might be good for her to get another dog. We cannot even take her to friends houses who have dogs cause she goes after them if they get close to her. So the root of the prob now is that we just got a 7 week old english bulldog who we named Buford. We have had Buford for a week today. At first Tori wouldn't eat, but she started eating today. She also acts like she wants to play with him when the little pup is in his exercise pen, but when I get him out she acts interested but Buford wants to play (like a puppy) so she shows teeth.Ex: I threw Buford's toy for him to chase and Tori went after it. So I know she wants to play but I am not sure how to get Tori to stop the aggressive behavior. I have scolded Tori for her teeth showing and attacks by saying in a deep voice "BAD GIRL!" Some times if she gets angry enough to actually tear into the pup I put her in "time out" after I tell her she is a BAD GIRL! Maybe I haven't given it enough time, but I am wondering if any of you have experienced this...which I am sure you have. Will it get better with time or do I need to do something different?
Thank you!
britnipaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!