Thread: nutri cal
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 09:23 AM   #11
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newproudmom View Post
thanks everyone for your concern. I greatly appreciate it. I know you probably think i am a bad mommy but i couldn't take him before b/c i am unemploy and can't afford it. He is up to date with all his shots at petco except for the rabies shot which he will be getting in april. However, we do have an appointment next friday. Anyways, he is doing fine. Full of energy again. I brought nutri-cal for him b/c the weather has been cold here lately and the cold weather seems to affect his appetite and he is teething. After I gave him the nutri-cal and he began eating again. Just a little tiny drop of nutri-cal. Far from the recommended amount.

Charlie is free fed. His food and water are out all day for him so he can eat whenever he is hungry. He was eating fine..then it got cold and he started teething. He stopped eating and only wants treats (NB turkey roll) and frozen green beans. I got worry that he might have hypoglycemia so i got the nutri-cal. Like I said I gave him a tiny tiny amount on my fingertip. After nutri-cal, he seems to have more energy and started eating again. Now, he likes to eat once in afternoon (1 cup) and won't touch his food bowl again even if there is food in it. He will drink throughout the day. I feed him in the evening through training with the NB turkey roll and green beans. I tried training him with the NB kibble but he spit them out so now I only use NB turkey roll. Our banana yorkie yummies is coming soon. So we are pretty excited.
Hey, nobody thinks that you are a bad mommy. Bad mommies don't ask questions! Sounds like everything is fine, and some days he will have less energy than other days. After we have company Joey, seems really tired the next day, or if we take an extra long walk. Their energy levels go up and down. Teething also causes stress. If he's eating 1 cup of food, that's probably all he needs for the day. The training meal of green beans and NB turkey roll sound pretty good. I use green beans for training along with his regular kibble, but I count this as a meal.

Join today and remove this ad!