View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
Miao
No Longer a Member

I just picked up the little trial sized bag of the Wild Salmon for my girl. I'm using that as treats as I will no longer feed her Natural Balance and had returned the unopened bag. My girl loved it but I can't say if she loves it because it's still a "new" food to her for the time being. I am almost decided that it's going to be her secondary brand as I keep her on two at a time. The kibbles are almost exactly the same size and appearance as the NB small bites I've been feeding her, except lighter in colour resembling NB's Vegetarian formula and also seems to be as "light and crispy" as the veggie one (she was actually on NB Duck & Potato--a much darker brown colour and not so "crispy").

I thought I smelled garlic from it but it's probably a mix of something else as I couldn't find garlic listed in the ingredients. I am hoping it's not actually contained, but unlisted, in the "vegetable broth" part of the ingredient. It also smelled noticeably salty. I am hoping it doesn't have sodium in excess. I had bought a larger sized bag for my cat. Their wild salmon for indoor cats. I hope she likes it. She doesn't have any allergy issues, etc, so I wouldn't worry as much about the choice of protein for her, but the hubby figured she would enjoy the fish more than the other protein that was also for indoor cats. Halo is costing more per gram than NB over here and I noticed some huge increase in prices in a smaller pet food supply chain (compared to PetSmart) more noticeably for the Science Diet formula. I mean, it seemed like prices nearly doubled since I've last purchased it....

This is getting more difficult and complicated. Back in the day, life was so simple, there were the few brands to choose from and each person just fed whichever, and the dog lived happy and prospered.
Miao is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!