View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
Nikitta34
YT 500 Club Member

Cat foods and dog foods ARE different. Cat foods contain different levels of nutrients than are required for dogs, and they also contain ash, which is not found in dog diets. However, some cat treats can be a different story.

There are two brands of cat treats that I will give to Meg. I have done this under the guidance of an expert. The brands are as follows:

VitaKitty by Catswell (sister company of Dogswell) - these treats are the same as the Vitality Jerky by Dogswell but have been softened with Vitamin E oil so they are soft and flexible. The chicken is all natural and cage-free, and the ingredients are: Chicken Breast, Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate.

Pure Delights by Wellness - these cat treats are bite-sized for Meg. I give Meg the Chicken and Lamb version. The ingredients are:
Chicken, Lamb, Dried Chicory Root, Cultured Whey, Sea Salt, Lecithin, Mixed Tocopherols (a natural preservative).

I like these products because they are small enough to actually be a treat for Meg. Some of the biscuits, even the Canidae "Snap-Bits" (for dogs), which are small-dog sized, are way too big for Meg's mouth and end up getting slowly munched on over the course of a day or two.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!