View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
Gracie2006
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Puppy going to forever home at 6 weeks!

This one bothered me so much I had to post. I hope I don't offend anyone by doing so. Yesterday, as I was leaving the mall, I noticed a couple pottying this very tiny puppy outside. I thought it might be a Yorkie mix. It was snowing. The poor thing had no sweater on, no harness, no collar, no tags, no leash. I asked the people what kind of dog it is, they told me a Yorkie Havanese mix. I asked the couple how old it was. They said "7 weeks" and that they got her 6 days ago. She was the most precious little thing, I wanted to put her in my coat and take her home. They said she is really friendly, socializing well with people. They have pee pads but she prefers to go potty outside. They have not yet had her seen by their own vet. They voiced concern that she is not eating well. They also said they never had a small breed puppy before and did not know how to care for it. I offered some of the most important advise about feeding, keeping nutri cal or Karo on hand and how to monitor for hypoglycemia. I was just appalled that "A", anyone would allow a pup to leave its litter at 6 weeks of age; "B" there had been no recent vet visit, they did not know how much she weighed; "C" they are allowing it to potty in areas exposed by other dogs; I don't need to mention the no harness, leash, collar or clothing. As we finished chatting, the gentleman picked the baby up and put her inside his coat which made me feel better. These people were very nice and thanked me for my guidance, but they genuinely seemed clueless. I wish people would do their homework before taking responsibility for such a helpless creature. I so wanted to take that baby home with me and care for her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!