View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 03:19 AM   #3
manolos mom
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Also try to boil some chicken, no skin, and some plain rice..Just hold her and feed her. I would take her back to the vet asap. Make sure its a Vet that knows alot about small breeds...Good luck and keep us posted..
Quote:
Originally Posted by katelin View Post
Hi, how big is she and what color are her gums? Did your breeder show you how to check the gums to see if she is starting into a hypoglycemic attack? Keep an eye on this for sure.

You may be trying too many different foods, and you may be right about her being depressed a little about being away from her mother.

She will start eating again on her own eventually. You just need to keep her in good shape for the next week or so. I've seen it take 2 weeks for a puppy to adjust to the new surroundings, so hang on.

Try limiting what you are giving her. The chicken baby food is good to syringe and is healthier for her. A little rice that she may eat off your fingers -- just white rice. Put a little of the puppy kibble in your blender and make a powder. Leave a little dish in her pen where she can get it. Keep giving the Nutri-Cal (I think that is the same as Nutri-Stat) 3 times a day, about 1/2 inch. Make sure she is warm enough, puppies can't eat if they are chilled. Keep her close to you for comfort and reassurance.

I'd switch to a good brand of puppy kibble. Not pedigree. There are articles on here about rating dog foods and what is in them.
manolos mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!