Thread: Really Curious
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeybear View Post
There are several breeders who have commented on this thread. I am really curious. "IF" the person decided to return the puppy, what would become of it? HONESTLY? Do breeders actually invest the money to have the surgery and then look for an adoptive home, or is it likely the puppy would be PTS?
Im NOT taking a side, I just wonder.
There is a difference between puppy sellers and breeders in it for the good of the breed.
In my case, I consider myself in it for the good of the breed, not as a living to make money. Ergo, whatever health issue a puppy may present, I would take care of it with my Vet and would not put it to sleep just because it is not a market item and will cost me money to help. I don't care if it ends up living with me for the rest of its life or if I do eventually find a good home to place it in a pet home.
I have also spent money to rescue a Yorkie a couple of times that was not my breeding nothing to do with me, but it needed help. My Vets know this about me and I have no trouble getting help from them when I need it, be it my dog, puppy, or any yorkie needing help that lands in my lap.
Any reputable breeder would do the same.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!