View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
SophieYorkie09
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Unhappy 10 Week Old Will not Eat anything!?! HELP

I have an almost 11 week old female yorkie who will not eat anything. I have tried everything....baby chicken food, yogurt, cheese, ceasar's puppy food, predigree can, predigree dry, bil-jack dry, rx a/d from vet, science diet puppy from vet, canned chicken, grilled chicken. I don't know what else to do. I've had her for two weeks now. A little history on her...she was the only puppy born to her mother. The breeder stated she was eating predigree canned food, as well as dry predigree and black/gold puppy dog food, but had stopped eating the dry food a few days before I picked her up. When I picked her up she gave me a tube of Nurit-Stat and a container with Karo Syrup in it. She told me to give the Nurit-Stat two-three times a day along with the Karo syrup. She guided me during about the first week, but I haven't spoke with her in a few days now. I have been feeding my little Sophie from a syringe of puppy canned food pedigree/ceasar mixed with water, giving her nurti-stat, and karo syrup 3 times a day. She will not eat anything on her own. I'm afarid to stop doing any of it. Last weekend I took her to the vet on Saturday and the doctor told me to stop doing the karo syrup and we ended up at the ER Sunday morning because Sophie had dropped into a hypoglymeic attack. I think Sophie is depressed. What I mainly need to know is do you guys think she will ever eat on her own again? Is there anything else I can try? How to I bring her out of this depression she seems to be in?

By the way I'm a new Yorkie owner.....I love Sophie and I'm so afarid something is going to happen to her or that something is wrong with her.

Please help!
SophieYorkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!