View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 12:47 AM   #9
foxontherun613
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskayorkie
Caitlin, you sound like a sweetheart and a real go-getter, and if you were my niece or relative, I'd both smothering you in pictures. But without knowing you or having any guarantee that are who you say you are, I'm a little leery of giving away free rights to pictures for the purpose of making someone else money, even though your intentions seem noble.

Don't get me wrong. You sound like a terrific young lady, and the work you did with the shepherds is outstanding. I encourage you to do this project. But for your protection and for the peace of mind of people giving you pictures, you ought to get some advice on contracts from an attorney. Maybe even consider getting a business license. The people giving you pictures should have some assurance that they are not going to end up on the label of a Taiwanese dogfood.

But I'm no expert in this area. If you've already considered this, feel free to let me know how it works.

And don't give up on your dreams.
I thought about this also, and thank you for the comments.. What do you suggest for verification of what I'm doing. On the German Shepherd board I've been a member for a long time, posting pictures of myself and my dog so I'm well known there, which is why I probably haven't had this question before.. Do you think getting letters from the people who have already purchased products would help? What kind of contract should I get and how would I go about that?? In the contract I of course, would state my intentions (to give half of the profit to charity and to ONLY use the images for what I have said) and then let people sign it if they choose. Sorry, I am new to this of course, but I do want to be able to back up what I say with some sort of legal paperwork.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!