View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 03:34 PM   #35
globemaster
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaBraggs View Post
Ok here are the pics of the cage I keep my Chis in.I put Jasper in it because he is the smallest of all my dogs he weighs in at 4lbs. 9 oz. I know a lot of people won't like seeing that my Chis den not only has there beds in it but there food and there place where they go potty but please remember these are rescues from a Puppy Mill and when I got them I tried small crates for them to sleep in and then a small room and none of it worked.We wanted them in a room where there was people in it so they could get use to people and not be put in a room and kept away from people.The small crates were horrible they would go nuts in them like wild animals being caught,plus they would whine and whine.When I spoke to the Vet he said they are use to being together (when they were rescued that is how they found them,together).We tried feeding them in the kitchen but they would rather starve then go in there when I put it in there cage they devoured it.Things are different when you are dealing with Puppy Mill dogs,the worse cases which mine were has to be treated differently.I also keep the cage or what I like to call a den open all day so they can run in and out.At night when it is bed time which is 10pm I tuck them in and lay a sheet over the cage so they don't get disturbed by any light.They seem to sleep better this way.
I don't recomend you by all means to do everything I am doing but the cage might work since he is small and he will have room to play and sleep.Just trying to help,I have to explain all this becuase I read the other thread you posted and everyone attacking you and I know some people might not agree with what I am doing with my Chis.They are very spoiled and well loved this is what I found that makes them happy and they went through so much before coming to me and I promised them they would be nothing but happy with me and I have kept my word.So here ya go these are the pics of where my Chis live.Maybe since you guys are gone for a long period this type of cage will work.
Is that a litter box in there? I think I might like your setup. If that is a litter box, then would he even run to the litterbox if the door were left open?
globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!