View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 09:48 PM   #3
CLEO & CEASAR
Senior Yorkie Talker

Car On road trips a lot...

My husband & I always take our two furbabies with us on road trips. We started taking them along for a drive when they were three months old. We started on short trips...they got car sick for a while...that's why it's always handy having paper towels, baby wipes, & plastic bags nearby in case accidents happen...and they did happen...short trips become long ones...until they got used to it...We live in Burbank, Ca.. and the last road trip we did was to Seattle, WA. and it was a 1159 mile drive. We've taken them along with us to Grand Canyon, Sedona, Utah(Zion, Bryce, Arches), Lake Havasu, Az. We always fold down the back seats of our F-150 SuperCrew Truck, line in with a thick blanket, with their bed in one corner, a pee pad in one corner ( in case they can't hold it anymore before we make stop in the rest areas) which never gets used, and some toys that they can play with. Make sure too that you use the childproofed lock on all doors and windows because they could step on the side controls and accidentally open them. It happened to us and I really freaked out... got so scared that they would jump out...good thing they dind't...we've learned our lesson so we always keep it childproofed locked all the time.We always have water and some treats nearby. They are pros drinking water out of regular water bottles without spilling because at home they drink out of those LIXIT water dispenser. Well...GOODLUCK...and I hope our road trip experiences would somehow help you...
CLEO & CEASAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!